I am a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist (relational psychoanalytic psychotherapy – SIPRe) who works in Milan as a consultant in Italian, Spanish and English. I deal with adult patients and adolescents.
After graduating with honors from Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele – with an experimental thesis on the relationship between childhood stress and suicidal behaviour in depression and bipolar disorder – I dealt with mood disorders at the Hospital Vita -Salute San Raffaele and in the research laboratory on psychobiology and neuroscience. Thanks to this experience, I have a way of understanding of how psychic problems are an extremely painful form of suffering in all forms (depression, panic attacks, eating disorders, sleep disorders, personality disorders). I have enriched my clinical knowledge with the support of scientific research, in particular I have learned how chronotherapy is applied to the treatment of sleep disorders and depression.
I spent long periods of training abroad, both in Europe, Swiss and in South America. I have been for a long time in England at the Cassel Hospital of London, where I worked with personality disorders in adolescence and young adults; I was in Spain at the San Pau hospital in Barcelona; in Argentinawith “psicologi senza frontiere”and in Brazil at the São Rafael Hospital in Bahia.
My interest in psychiatric problems linked to immigration phenomena, allowed me to carry out my activity at the “Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service” of the Niguarda Ca ‘Granda Hospital, where I collaborate with cultural mediators from all over the world (Chinese, Arabs, South- Americans, Africans …), and to work as a psychologist in the therapeutic community for international adolescents of the “Redancia” group.
In recent years I have worked at the Psychiatric Diagnosis and Care Service (SPDC) of the Niguarda Ca ‘Granda Hospital supporting the adolescent in the acute phase (breakdown crisis). Here I was able to improve my skills in the parental function, a therapy that improves the relationship between mother-father and child-adolescent.
Lately I have broadened my interest in eating disorders and in perinatal mental health by doing my activity in the Clinical Nutrition department of the Niguarda Ca’Granda Hospital and in the Cetro Medico Santagostino.
To complete my training I did several“evidence based”courses:
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy developed by Marsha M. Linehan, London – United Kingdom.) It is a therapy for personality disorders (eg, Bordeline Pesonality Disorder – BPD), anxiety, eating disorders, addictions, treatment resistant depression and for subjects with suicidal behaviors. It is a very effective technique in adolescents, based on a behavior therapy and consists of a combination of individual therapy, group training in skills (skills training, etc.), telephone support, auxiliary treatments and a consultation group for therapists.
- MBT (Mentalisation Based treatment with Dr. Peter Fonagy, London – United Kingdom). It is a therapy that teaches to mentalize, that is, to reflect on emotional suffering and impulses and provide them with a cognitive meaning: to reason about why certain emotions or certain impulses are perceived, to work them back in terms of thoughts and beliefs.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing with Dr. Isabel Fernández, Milan – Italy). It is a psychotherapeutic method that helps relieve stress and facilitates the treatment of various symptoms and problems related to traumatic events and emotionally stressful life experiences. It is a very effective approach in the treatment of numerous psychopathologies that include depression, OCD, anxiety, phobias, acute pain, somatic symptoms and addictions.
How to contact me?
- email adress email@example.com specifying the type of problem and a telephone number
- call or send a message at +39 3491696270
I will contact you as soon as possible to arrange an appointment
If you prefer, you can fill out the form below: